Zoom + SlingStudio Streaming
SlingStudio streaming allows you to embed content from the projector onto the stream and use multiple cameras with any iOS or Android device.
Zoom is video-conferencing software.
This setup requires connecting to Zoom meeting with two computers. We couldn't find a way to do it with one computer without audio feedback.
Zoom & YouTube Setup
- Make sure your user has "Pro" Zoom
- Create a meeting. Ensure you've added a pin code, as the stream might see the meeting ID
- Distribute meeting details to participants
- Schedule a test a few days prior to the meeting
- Create YouTube public event
- Turn on projector
- Plug in Quad LED lights behind podium
- Setup handheld mic at sound desk to talk to participants
- Setup handheld mic at the front for Q&A
- Turn down iPad/Projector audio send to SlingStudio (Universal Control on audio computer)
- Start SlingStudio and CameraLink
- Get iPad Pro, bluetooth headphones, and USB-C HDMI adapter
- Launch SlingStudio console on iPad Pro
- Turn on spotlights using Wemo on iPad Pro
- Change HDMI video switcher to #3 (video computer) for projector
- Change HDMI video switcher to #1 (airplay) for stream
- Get regular iPad and launch pre-stream slides, AirPlay to Chapel, run the slides
- iPad Pro SlingStudio console: start recording and preview YouTube stream
- Setup iPhone directed at audience in the Chapel
MacBook Pro Setup
- Get USB-C to Ethernet adapter
- Get USB-C to USB-A adapter
- Run ethernet cable from sound room on any open port to sound desk and plug into the MacBook
- Plug USB-C power on desk into MacBook
- BlackBird HDMI on desk (PTZOptics camera feed) to the Elgato CamLink 4K USB into the MacBook using USB-A adapter
- USB-C HDMI out from MacBook to SlingStudio Camera Link
- Start Zoom app on MacBook. Check updates.
- Join Zoom meeting with audio & video.
- Mute microphone
- Ensure audio output (speakers) is set to T749-fHD (the CamLink)
- Full-screen, gallery view, hide non-video participants
Video Computer Setup
- Move audio line-in from SlingStudio to the line-in on the video computer
- Launch PTZOptics camera control and check zoom, lighting, scenes, etc
- Launch Zoom app on video computer. Check updates.
- Join Zoom meeting. Do not turn on video. Join audio.
- Move the Zoom window to the left so that it shows on the projector.
- Full-screen. Move participant window to the right so you can control it with the monitor
- Start with Gallery view
- Ask them to switch to the Gallery view
- Hide non-video participants (though this may be the default if the host does it first)
- Audio checks: make sure everyone can hear everyone
- Audio checks: make sure everyone can be heard properly on the stream
- Ask the host (in the Chapel) to face the sound desk so that the remote participants can see them
- Use iPhone for room audience on SlingStudio
- Show the iPad pre-event slideshow
- (event start) switch to the Zoom feed from the MacBook Pro
- On video computer and MacBook: Switch between gallery view and speaker view as necessary. Double-click to select speaker.
- Change iPad/Projector audio-send in Universal Control back to SlingStudio
- Change audio line-in back to SlingStudio hub
- Remove ethernet cable run
- Plug SlingStudio Camlink back into the BlackBird HDMI receiver
- Turn off spotlights
- Turn off projector
- Turn off Quad LED lights behind podium